|Ground:||Western Australia Cricket Association Ground, Perth|
|Scorecard:||Australia v Sri Lanka|
|Player:||HKSR Kaluhalamulla, SPD Smith|
|Event:||Sri Lanka in Australia 2010/11|
DateLine: 31st October 2010
Australia suffered their first ever home Twenty20 defeat at the hands of a spirited Sri Lankan side. Batting first Australia could only muster 133-8 while Sri Lanka in reply cruised to victory with 21 balls left in Perth.
Australia slide to 43 for five in the 11th over, but Brad Haddin and Smith consolidated the team's innings. They put on 66 from 43 balls to give the hosts some hope. Suraj Randiv and Thisara Perera led an impressive bowling performance for the tourists.
Sri Lanka were always in control during their run chase after scoring 27 off their first three overs. Tillakaratne Dilshan and Mahela Jayawardene put on 35 from 22 balls for the first wicket, before Peter Siddle removed the latter. Dinesh Chandimal was trapped lbw for two but that did not stop the Lankans from reaching the target. Perera ended the match in a flurry of sixes as the Australians left the field amidst gloom.
- Australia Tri-Nation Women's T20 Series 2019/20
- Bangladesh in Pakistan 2019/20
- England in South Africa 2019/20
- ICC Women's Championship 2017/18 to 2020
- India in New Zealand 2019/20
- New Zealand in Australia 2019/20
- Qatar Tri-Nation Women's Twenty20 Tournament 2019/20
- South Africa in India 2019/20
- South Africa Women in New Zealand 2019/20
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2019/20
View all Current Events CLICK HERE