|Event:||Asia Cup 2010|
DateLine: 3rd June 2010
The elegant left-handed opener Salman Butt was appointed as the deputy to Shahid Afridi for the upcoming tours of Sri Lanka and England. Butt was previously vice captain of the team led by Shoaib Malik in 2007.
"Butt has been appointed vice captain for the Asia Cup in Sri Lanka and for the tour of England," a Pakistan Cricket Board spokesman said.
Butt was seen as a top contender for the Test captaincy after Mohammad Yousuf was sacked following Pakistan's dismal tour of Australia in February. Pakistan lost all three Tests, five one-day and a Twenty20 match in Australia. But once Afridi, who has not played a Test since 2006, made himself available for the longer version of the game Butt was pushed to the deputy's spot.
Pakistan take on hosts and defending champions Sri Lanka, India and Bangladesh in the Asia Cup from June 15-24 before their tour of England. Pakistan play two Twenty20 and two Tests against Australia before taking on England in four Tests, five one-day and two Twenty20 matches.
The left-hander has so far played 27 Tests, 76 one-day and 22 Twenty20 games for Pakistan since making his debut in 2003.
- Bangladesh in India 2019/20
- England in New Zealand 2019/20
- ICC Women's Championship 2017/18 to 2020
- ICC World Cup League Two 2019 to 2021/22
- India Women in West Indies 2019/20
- Kwacha Twenty20 Cup 2019/20
- Pakistan in Australia 2019/20
- South Africa in India 2019/20
- Sri Lanka in Pakistan 2019/20
- West Indies in India 2019/20
View all Current Events CLICK HERE