|Player:||A Flintoff, KP Pietersen|
|Event:||Australia in British Isles 2009|
DateLine: 24th July 2009
England all-rounder Andrew Flintoff said that Kevin Pietersen's absence from the rest of the Ashes will be a major concern for England. and this could give Australia a major lift.
"If (Australia captain) Ricky Ponting was injured you are quite happy not bowling at him - and I think Australia will be thinking the same about Kevin," Flintoff was quoted as saying in Herald Sun.
"It means a lot playing in the Ashes and I fully expect he'll be coming along to watch a few of the games once he's back on his feet."
Flintoff said that KP is a massive influence on the English side and he wished him well.
"He's a massive influence on our team so it's going to make it tougher for us - but he's been in pain. He will be greatly missed and we wish him well - he'll be gutted."
"He's performed well in the past and we expected him to in the next three matches but he'll come back, he's young and I'm sure he's got a few more Ashes series in him yet."
- Bangladesh in India 2019/20
- Botswana Women's International Triangular Tournament 2019/20
- England in New Zealand 2019/20
- ICC Women's Championship 2017/18 to 2020
- ICC World Cup League Two 2019 to 2021/22
- India Women in West Indies 2019/20
- Pakistan in Australia 2019/20
- South Africa in India 2019/20
- Sri Lanka in Pakistan 2019/20
- West Indies in India 2019/20
View all Current Events CLICK HERE