|Scorecard:||Bangladesh v England|
- This match was 2059th ODI in cricket history.
- Moniruzzaman was making his ODI debut. He became 71st player to represent Bangladesh in ODIs.He also became ninth Bangladeshi batsman to be dismissed without scoring in his debut innings.
- Bangladesh lost their first four wickets with only seven runs on the board. There has been only one performance by a side worse than this in entire ODI history. In the 2003 World Cup match against Sri Lanka, Bangladesh (who else !) had lost their first four wickets with only five runs.
- Bangladesh’s total (134-9) is the joint second lowest total achieved by a side after batting its full quota of 50 overs. The details :
118-9 SL v NZ Dunedin 02-03-1983 134-8 BD v Aus Sharjah 30-04-1990 134-9 BD v Eng Dhaka 10-11-2003 136-5 Can v SA East London 27-02-2003 137-9 NZ v Aus Auckland 26-02-1995 138-9 NZ v WI Sydney 09-03-1985 138-9 Pak v NZ Hamilton 14-03-1989 140-9 Pak v WI Perth 01-01-1989 140-9 SA v WI Cape Town 17-02-1993
- Andrew Flintoff won his second award in successive matches and eighth of his career.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Rajneesh Gupta)
View all Current Events CLICK HERE