|Scorecard:||Bangladesh v England|
- This match was the 1665th in Test cricket
- This match was first between Bangladesh and England.
- Enamul Haq Junior (for Bangladesh) and Rikki Clarke and Gerath Batty (for England) were making their Test debut. Now Bangladesh and England have employed 34 and 620 players respectively for Test cricket.
- Umpires Aleem Dar was making his debut as a Test umpire. The other umpire Ashoka de Silva was officiating in his 26th Test.
- At 17 years 169 days Enamul Haq Junior became fourth youngest player to represent Bangladesh in Test cricket. He also became the 18th youngest player overall in Test history. The accompanying table lists the youngest player to make a Test appearance for Bangladesh :
Yrs Days Player Vs Venue Season 15 128 Mohammad Sharif Zimbabwe Bulawayo 2000-01 16 223 Talha Jubair Sri Lanka Colombo PSS 2002-03 17 61 Mohammad Ashraful Sri Lanka Colombo SSC 2001-02 17 169 Enamul Haque jnr England Dhaka 2003-04
- Gareth Batty captured a wicket in his first over in Test cricket when he had Alok Kapali bowled off his third ball.
- The defeat was Bangladesh’s 19th at a trot. No other team has lost more than 11 consecutive matches.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Rajneesh Gupta)